Come Visit Me At My New Home!

Nutrition.Health.Life has moved to a WordPress domain. Visit me at my new location: nutritionhealthlife.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No Pudge Brownies

I found this recipe online and can not remember where or from whom. Because of this, I am unable to give credit where credit is due - if this is your recipe, please let me know and I would be happy to cite you.

These brownies are perfect and I am not just saying this because there is no added fat in them! They are so easy to make and taste delicious. Needless to say they did not last long. For Valentine's Day I decided to make Jason a special treat. So, I baked this brownie in a square pan, cut it out into a heart shape and then frosted it with "some-pudge" frosting, peppermint, and chocolate chips. 

No Pudge Brownies

Makes 16 servings

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
  • nonstick cooking spray

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients.
  3. Add yogurt and mix well. The batter will be very thick.
  4. Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly.
  5. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool. 
  6. Cut into the desired shape. 
  7. If making into a heart, frost with Neufchatel cheese* frosting. I then topped it with crushed peppermint and chocolate chips.
*Neufchatel cheese is a low-fat version of cream cheese that does not have tons of fillers and additives like most low-fat cream cheese. Use this in place of cream cheese in any cream cheese frosting recipe.

No comments: