Come Visit Me At My New Home!

Nutrition.Health.Life has moved to a WordPress domain. Visit me at my new location: nutritionhealthlife.wordpress.com

Friday, August 21, 2009

Potato Bake


This recipe received a 10/10 from Jason. I don't know if I have ever made something he liked so much before...ever. He usually hates scale ratings. I always asked him to rate things on a scale of 1 to 10 and it usually ends with him changing the subject so I forget he never rated what I asked. This time, however, he said "10" instantly. This recipe is super easy and delicious. It is too heavy for me for summer, so I plan to make it again once things cool down here in IL in a few months.

Ingredients
- 4 baked potatoes, cooked and NOT peeled
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- salt
- pepper
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 6 oz. marble cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the butter and milk and whisk with an egg beater on high until highly whipped. Stir in the vegetables and seasonings.
3. Pour mixture into the sprayed dish. Smooth out with a rubber spatula. Top with bread crumbs and cheese.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the edges are starting to brown.

No comments: