Come Visit Me At My New Home!

Nutrition.Health.Life has moved to a WordPress domain. Visit me at my new location: nutritionhealthlife.wordpress.com

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tortilla Fajita Bake


Oh, life is so busy right now. Today is my first day "off" since the start of the semester so it will be my catch-up day. But, I am a (wo)man of my word, so you will get your post for the week before I get down to business.

I can't remember when I made this but I do remember it was good. I have made variations of it every few months for the past year. Jason always loves it and it is simple to make, so it is a win-win situation.

Tortilla Fajita Bake

Ingredients:
  • Flour tortillas (I used white this time, but multi-grain are great because they can stand up to the juices)
  • 1 onion
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1/2 block of part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
  • Fajita seasoning packet
  • Salsa
Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, brown ground turkey and onion. Add the seasoning packet and peppers once the meat is nearly done. Cook until peppers have only a little crunch left.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a casserole dish.
  3. Layer dish with tortilla shells
  4. Top the shells with thin, but complete layer of the meat mixture. Spread salsa over the meat mixture and top with half of the cheese. Layer with sells and follow with just the meat mixture. Top with shells and then top the shells with cheese.
  5. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the cheese is golden.
See you next week!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Lynn! I saw your post on the ADA student COI and thought I'd check out your blog.

Looks like you have some great recipes!