Come Visit Me At My New Home!

Nutrition.Health.Life has moved to a WordPress domain. Visit me at my new location: nutritionhealthlife.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Delicious

So, I have been totally M.I.A again...I hate how the semesters take away from my precious blogging time.My goal is at least once per week for the next 13 weeks...yes that is right, 13 weeks until graduation (or 93 days, but who is counting). After that I'll have to come up with another excuse as to why I haven't been posting ;)

I made these cookies a few weeks ago and they are by far the BEST cookies I have ever eaten. Even better then the ooey-gooey cookies from those quaint little family-owned cookie shops that use recipes passed down from generations. The best part of this recipe is the tart cranberries with the crispy outside and chewy inside. The walnuts at just a touch of crunch to finish it off. Needless to say these did not last long.

Oatmeal-Cranberry Cookies
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350F.
  2. Mix flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
  3. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs; mix well.
  4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low. Beat until well mixed (and then place the beaters on high to get the rest off).
  5. Add oats, cranberries, and walnuts and mix well with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
  6. Drop dough onto a cookie sheet; leave about 2" apart.
  7. Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden.

No comments: